Welcome to KS Shipping Malta
KS Shipping Malta are professionals in ship registration port management, and a host of related ancillary services. Our team ensures your marine assets are in good hands in accordance with Maltese laws, whilst you are provided with a dedicated and professional service all around.
KS Shipping Malta offers the following Shipping Services:
- Port Agency and Ancillary
- Maltese flagged and Maltese ship registration under the Maltese flag as well as overseas and dealings with pertinent official formalities
- Malta bareboat charter registrations
- Maltese ship owning and Maltese ship management company incorporation
- Discharging of mortgages registered under Maltese ship register
- Ship sales and purchases
- Ship finance
- Chartering and leasing by Maltese or non-Maltese shipping companies
- Assistance with the registration and deletion of vessels under the Maltese flag
- Assistance with the registration of any statutory mortgage deed/s, preparation of collateral deeds of covenants,legal opinions, amendments, transfers and discharges of registered mortgages
- Searches of Malta-registered vessels
- Searches of ship-owning companies
- Handling vessels’ operational issues with the Malta Maritime Authority
- Arrest of vessels
- Marine mortgages and other form of securities registered with the Maltese ship registry
Required administration of the Maltese Flag is carried out by Transport Malta which is the Maltese authority governing safety and legal international obligations. KS Shipping Malta handles all technical and administrative aspects of the ship registration process in Malta.
Vessel registration under the Maltese flag and the operation of Maltese ships is regulated by the Merchant Shipping Act of 1973, a law based mainly on United Kingdom legislation but subsequently revised and amended in 1986, 1988, 1990, 2000, 2010 and 2012. The main legislation is supplemented by
a comprehensive set of rules and regulations.